Have you lost a pet near Round Rock, Leander, Hutto, Cedar Park, or Williamson County?
- Register them (for free!) on PETCO Love Lost. PETCO Love Lost uses facial recognition software to report or search for lost or found pets nationwide. It's free and easy to use. Search your lost cat or dog today.
- Check our listing of lost and found animals currently at the shelter.
- WCRAS will not release any information concerning these animals as they are on hold pending owner pick-up. Once the animals become available for adoption, the information and picture will post on the adoptable page.
Tips for finding lost pets
Make a homemade flyer for your area and local veterinary office. At any typical intersection, you only have 5 seconds and 5 words to get your message across to drivers who are passing through the area where your pet is missing.
- Make them GIANT so that people driving by cannot miss them.
- Make the flyers FLUORESCENT so that the color attracts the attention of everyone.
- Put them in your yard, major intersections near where you lost your pet, and in areas of sightings.
- Keep them BRIEF and to the point.
- Let them convey a VISUAL IMAGE of what you have lost.
Use the tools on PawBoost.com to make a quick flyer and check their lost and found database for your missing pet.
Other resources: www.LostCatFinder.com
Visit the open intake shelters in your area and fill out a lost report for your animal
Report your lost animal on these sites:
Contact your microchip company to report your lost animal.
Lost pets and the Williamson County Regional Animal Shelter
If your pet is at WCRAS, we’re so glad that you’ve found your furry family member! Please contact us today at [email protected]. We’ll need to verify ownership with the following:
- Your name, address, phone number
- A photo of your pet or veterinary records.
We also want to be sure your pet is as healthy as possible when they leave the shelter. If he or she already has their rabies vaccination, please send a photo of their rabies certificate or let us know where they got their vaccination so we can verify that. If your pet has not received their rabies vaccination recently, don’t worry! We can help you with that before we send them home with you. Finally, if your pet wasn’t microchipped, we’ve taken care of that as well so they can get back home to you as fast as possible should they become lost again in the future.
When you arrive at the shelter:
- Park in the Services Center parking lot (near the brown building), located right off of SE Inner Loop;
- Bring any documentation requested by staff with you to take your pet back home with you.