Thank you for thinking of us as a participant of your event! Please read through these points to see if animals will work at your event. If you have any questions, please contact Misty at email@example.com
- The Williamson County Regional Animal Shelter (WCRAS) is an open-intake shelter. We cannot guarantee what dogs and cats we will have at the shelter at the time of your event.
- WCRAS will only take animals that we feel are compatible with your event. This may limit the number of animals attending your event. We will not guarantee a set number of animals.
- All offsite events are run by volunteers on a volunteer basis. Scheduling and availability is based on the availability of our volunteers’ schedules. The percentage of dogs who get adopted from offsite adoption events is very low. Volunteers are more encouraged to participate in events which help the shelter in multiple ways.
- Events require at least two volunteers. Each event will have one lead volunteer. The helping volunteers may bring animals. This always leaves one volunteer to help with breaks and emergencies.
- Volunteers work on a voluntary basis. WCRAS cannot guarantee a volunteer(s) will sign up for your event.
- Please be realistic with our volunteers and our animals. Our shelter primarily has adult, large dogs living at the facility. This is who you can expect at your event.
- All volunteers handling animals must have been trained through our orientation, 1:1, and additional trainings.
- WCRAS handles domestic animal related crisis situations for Hutto, Leander, Cedar Park, Round Rock, and Williamson County. If we are in a crisis situation, we may have to cancel our attendance to your event.
- A minimum of a three weeks notice is needed so that a request to volunteers has time to be submitted.
- Generally speaking, adoption events do not draw crowds. In order for events to be successful, either a crowd needs to already be present or marketing needs to be done to create a crowd for adoptions.
- Generally speaking, dogs do not do well near loud, live music (especially with lots of percussion.) If this applies to your event, please reserve a spot for us away from the live music.
- Water and weather play a part in our ability to participate. Our dogs must have easy access to water. Our dogs (and volunteers) cannot be in a sunny/hot area for long periods of time without shade or water. In addition, too extreme temperatures (cold and hot) or storms/rain may prevent us from attending.
- Please complete this form and email it to Misty Valenta: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are appreciative of all invites and are working with limited resources. We appreciate your understanding.