The Objectives in creating a regional animal shelter include;
- increasing pet adoptions and lost pet claims
- emphasizing humane care for lost, unwanted, or displaced pets
- assisting animal control public safety efforts by providing a safe haven for strays and secure area for dangerous animals
- reducing the costs to each participating entity through a shared regional facility
The Goals of the Williamson County Regional Animal Shelter are:
- Assess the need for services, determine the costs of providing them, and request the needed funding.
- Plan and utilize available resources to maximize short and long-range effectiveness in working toward other goals.
- Provide desirable and challenging employment opportunities to attract, retain, motivate, and develop personnel necessary to fulfill planned work activities.
- Comply with all legal requirements and manage the shelter to prevent unnecessary exposure to legal actions and allegations of impropriety against the shelter, its partners, or the employees.
- Encourage professionalism among shelter personnel in their performance and strive for a positive relationship between the shelter and the community.
- To be an advocate for the unwanted, lost, or abandoned pets and to provide a humane, safe environment for the housing of these animals.
- To find loving permanent homes for the adoptable animals that are brought to our shelter.
- To relieve the pain and suffering of animals in a humane, compassionate environment.
- To enforce and comply with the state laws and local ordinances pertaining to the animals in the County and the participating cities.
- Respond to all reasonable needs for assistance in a timely manner, whether such needs are requested or observed.
- To cooperate with other agencies to accomplish mutual goals.
- Reduce the number of stray and abandoned animals by encouraging responsible pet ownership with emphasis on spaying or neutering, identification, and vaccination.
- To identify those animals with illnesses, injuries, or behavioral issues that can be rehabilitated and adopted into permanent, loving homes.